The Fair Work Commission has announced an increase of 2.5% to the National Minimum Wage, bringing it up to $772.60 per week ($20.33/hour).
This increase will come into operation on the first full pay period on or after 1 July 2021 for the majority of awards.
There will be a delayed increase for the industries hardest hit by the impact of COVID-19.
The General Retail Award increase will be delayed until 1 September 2021.
The following awards will not see an increase until 1 November 2021:
- Air Pilots Award 2020
- Aircraft Cabin Crew Award 2020
- Airline Operations – Ground Staff Award 2020
- Airport Employees Award 2020
- Airservices Australia Enterprise Award 2016
- Alpine Resorts Award 2020
- Amusement, Events and Recreation Award 2020
- Dry Cleaning and Laundry Industry Award 2020
- Fitness Industry Award 2020
- Hair and Beauty Industry Award 2010
- Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2020
- Live Performance Award 2020
- Mannequins and Models Award 2020
- Marine Tourism and Charter Vessels Award 2020
- Nursery Award 2020
- Racing Clubs Events Award 2020
- Racing Industry Ground Maintenance Award 2020
- Registered and Licensed Clubs Award 2020
- Restaurant Industry Award 2020
- Sporting Organisations Award 2020
- Travelling Shows Award 2020
- Wine Industry Award 2020.
They are currently in the process of updating the new wage rates in modern awards, as well as the associated pay guides.
In delivering the decision Commission President Iain Ross stated that while the economic recovery was well underway, risks remained “In particular, the risks of domestic outbreaks and of ongoing disruptions to other major economies. The pace of the vaccine rollout also remains a risk”.
In addition to the above increase, you must ensure that all employees are receiving 10% superannuation from 1 July 2021.
We have created template letters for clients to notify employees of the above wage increase, as well as the increase of superannuation to 10%. Existing clients can access this via the client portal.
For more information on the above, please contact us on 1300 887 458 and speak with one of our HR Consultants. If you are interested in learning more about our HR services, including HR Outsourcing, HR Consulting, HR Advisory Services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.